Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Three masted schooner

I love pillows. Most of the time I have to restrain myself from buying and making them, because buying one pillow leads to buying more pillows. And that is pure excess. But just so you know what a lover of pillows I am: I keep two in my car for emergencies. While it's true that they've come in handy for picnics, mostly they just make my backseat look like a sad, sad couch instead of an actual, functional part of a car. But I digress. This is the pillow I made for Brian's birthday last month:

I drew the pattern myself, transferred it onto fabric with a white charcoal pencil, and sewed over it with a simple backstitch. I hadn't sewn anything by hand since last year, so it took a while to get used to threading a needle and pulling it through fabric again. But it was a lot of fun.

 
Another project I've had in the works for a long time is a soft flannel t-shirt. T-shirts aren't usually made from flannel, but I found the perfect fabric and improvised a pattern in my size, and I think it could work. I just need to start sewing.

In the meantime, stay tuned for photographs from my most recent project, which was nothing less than a weekend pumpkin extravaganza with the aforementioned owner of said pillow.

1 comment:

  1. Kyle was very envious... he said I might need to make one for him.

    ReplyDelete