Saturday, May 22, 2010

Owl

How is your weekend, dearest reader?

I've been relaxing with an orange and a mystery novel after a long day of work. Later this evening I'm going to my book club meeting bearing an honest-to-goodness box of Turkish Delight.

Remember when the Snow Queen seduced Edmund into her sleigh with a box of Turkish Delight? 

Each piece was sweet and light to the very centre and Edmund had never tasted anything more delicious.

I think she seduced me, too.

P.S. Bon voyage, dearest Owl.

3 comments:

  1. I love going to Book Club. Mine is at school though so I shall have to find a new one next year at uni.

    What book did you have to read for this time?

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read Margaret Drabble's "The Peppered Moth," which nobody liked. My friend Laura noted that the author's last name was a portmanteau word comprised of "drab" and "babble"--the chief characteristics of her writing style! But the novel was fun to criticize, which redeemed the evening.

    What was the last book your group read? Which book did you enjoy most? I'm always in search of reading recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember:) How rich. How oddly magical. Imagined myself as Edmund Pevensie;) Finest Turkish Delight, I love it, wonderful taste everytime.

    ReplyDelete